Billing turnaround time

Discussions about anything WA Proforma Tracker related. Please keep it constructive.
Virginia M.

Billing turnaround time

Post by Virginia M. » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:26 pm

Good morning/afternoon all,

We have been on PT now for a month. One of the things I'm interested in knowing from other users is the following; does Proforma tracker help the billing team complete their bills sooner? Have you all seen a difference in timing and finishing billing earlier in the month? and my third question is do any of you have 100% adaptation of PT?

We are typically billing till the last minute during month end, and sometimes extend it internally so we can complete everything. Of course, we all know that even with a billing deadline or not, there are attorneys that are not in rush and will return proformas the last day of the month (typically repeat offenders).

Sorry if these questions have been asked before but I'm new to the forum and I'm the one training the attorneys in our firm how to use it and the feedback has been great so far, "easy to use and navigate through" have been the most positive comments. And I find it easy to train as well.

Thank you for your feedback in advance!
Have a great day!
leslie.butler

Re: Billing turnaround time

Post by leslie.butler » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:18 pm

Hi Virginia,

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for posting your question here. We are in the same boat with deadlines not being met but timekeepers, but our billing team has done a good job of finishing on time. We were meeting our deadline 50% of the time prior to Proforma Tracker (PT) and now we are meeting it 95% of the time. PT has made it easier to see where proformas are at in the workflow, which means we can make targeted nudges (compared to paper where who knows where it's at!) Since adopting PT, our average quantity of proformas each month has increased by 450 proformas and we have not increased the amount of billers. That speaks volumes to how PT has helped us bill quicker.

As for 100% adoption, yes, all of our timekeepers are using Proforma Tracker.

I'm happy to hear your users are having a positive experience, much credit due to the trainer!

Leslie
Virginia M.

Post by Virginia M. » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:05 pm

Thank you Leslie for your response and feedback. I truly appreciate it.

We have a very soft billing deadline with no penalties if the timekeepers do not return proformas. We are typically billing till the very last day and with Proforma tracker I'm trying to accelerate our billing. I think having an internal billing deadline other than the ones the timekeepers have will help in some way, although I know there will always be timekeepers that do not meet that.

I just wanted to get a feel of how other firms handle this and how quick the turnaround time is, thank you again for your response!

Happy Monday!
Have a great week.
leslie.butler

Post by leslie.butler » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:55 pm

My pleasure! We still have our 5 to 10 timekeepers who do not comply but the majority do. If you want to send me an email, I'll provide you a sample of our calendar that we distribute. lbutler@sealimited.com
Mike.DiBattista
Site Admin

Post by Mike.DiBattista » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:39 pm

Thanks for jumping in and responding Leslie!

Let me know if you get a notification that I responded to your post :D .

-Mike DiBattista
leslie.butler

Post by leslie.butler » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:39 pm

Confirmed!
Virginia M.

Post by Virginia M. » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:40 pm

Confirmed!